10th Annual Australasian Business Ethics Network (ABEN) Conference 2020
To be hosted by the School of Business
The University of Notre Dame Australia
7th and 8th December 2020
Doctoral workshop: 9th December 2020
Not Business as Usual: Ethics, Sustainability and Innovation
The 10th Annual ABEN Conference will be hosted ONLINE by The University of Notre Dame, Australia. The conference will begin Monday 7th December 2020, and close with the Doctoral Workshop held on Wednesday 9th December (complimentary to all doctoral students).
The theme for this year’s conference is Not Business as Usual: Ethics, Sustainability and Innovation. Organisational success today is built on innovative approaches aimed at responding to environmental and social issues by developing new technologies and products and not merely based on the single metric approach which only considers profit. The recent climate and health crises have been a further ‘wake up’ call on the vulnerability of our planet and society. These events have several social, environmental, economic and political implications that pose new concerns and reflections for business ethics academia and practice. This year’s ABEN conference provides an opportunity to explore and debate the central role of business ethics in organisations’ innovation and sustainability discourse. Emphasis will be placed on how new pressures in organisations arise and how business ethics can become an integral component, rather than an afterthought, of the organisation’s innovation and sustainability responses to these dynamic and emerging challenges. Some of the themes to be explored include, but are not limited to: How can business ethics become an integral component of an organisation’s innovation and sustainability approach? What are the roles of individuals, corporations, SMEs, government, civil society, academia and professionals in promoting ethics, innovation and sustainability as part of the ‘business as usual’ equation?
Conference key notes:
- Professor Francis Campbell – Vice Chancellor of The University of Notre Dame Australia
- Professor R. Edward Freeman – University of Virginia, Darden School of Business and lead author of The Power of And (Freeman, Martin & Parmar, 2020)
- ABEN 10th Anniversary panel – How it all began with ABEN including some of the founding members.
- Plenary panel – Not Business as Usual: Ethics, Sustainability and Innovation
Follow ABEN on LinkedIn to stay up-to-date with the latest conference updates and ABEN news: >>>ABEN LinkedIn page<<<
For all enquiries regarding submission of papers, please contact Dr Heather Stewart (firstname.lastname@example.org)
On behalf of the ABEN 2019 Conference Organising Committee:
- Alessandro Bressan, PhD (The University of Notre Dame Australia)
- Heather Stewart, PhD (Griffith University)
- Eva Tsahuridu, PhD
- Julia Benkert, PhD (Swinburne University of Technology)