I am interested in philosophical approaches to ethical issues in accounting. Particularly where these relate to how professional ethics is articulated, to the relationship between accounting, businesses and society, and to how ethics education can be included in accounting curricula.
My research investigates philosophical aspects of ethics in the accounting profession and in accounting education, particularly that which involves the application of Aristotelian and MacIntyrean virtue ethics.
- Higher Degree Supervision Interests: Accounting ethics, Accountability, Social & Environmental reporting
- Country, City, State: Australia, Brisbane, Queensland
- Institution: School of Accountancy, Queensland University of Technology
- External Staff Profile Link: http://staff.qut.edu.au/staff/westa2/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org