The Business Ethics Education (BEE) Special Interest Group is envisioned as a community of practice bringing together academics and educators involved in teaching business ethics. Key to this group is collegial support and knowledge exchange for those who share an interest in advancing practices and techniques in business ethics education. We also encourage and support collaborative teaching research in ethics-related management education.
To develop a community of practice, we envision:
- Providing business ethics educators with a platform to share learning innovations and effective teaching techniques in this domain
- Giving business ethics educators a forum for knowledge exchange, as well as for the seeking and offering of solutions to teaching challenges faced by members of the group
- Providing business ethics educators with a forum to think, rethink, reflect and discuss
- Sharing literature – both past and current
- Highlighting significant developments in this domain
- Opportunities for collaboration in teaching and teaching research
- Providing an online presence for those interested in business ethics education (BEE) and related research
- Encouraging a range of BEE papers for the annual ABEN conference and mentoring opportunities to develop papers before and after the ABEN conference
- Supporting the development of learning innovations in business ethics education through collaborative approaches
- Developing connections and synergies with the PRME ANZ Chapter and the ASCILITE Business Education SIG
- Meeting virtually during the year as well as at the annual ABEN conference to develop opportunities of collaboration and support in BEE
Membership Inquiries: There is no membership fee. If you would like to become a member of the ABEN Business Ethics Education Special Interest Group, please contact Dr Chamila Perera.