The Qualitative Research Special Interest Group is envisioned as a group of academics interested in supporting and sharing qualitative methodologies as a community of practice. Key to this group is collegial support for those who share an interest in scholarly pursuits relative to ethical, sustainable and socially responsible issues through QR methods and methodologies.
We aim to encourage and support research and scholarship in qualitative approaches to ethics, by providing academics and practitioners with opportunities to collaborate.
To develop a community of practice, we envision:
- Supporting and growing qualitative research
- Giving qualitative HDRs access to meaningful and developmental discussions
- Providing qualitative researchers with a forum to think, rethink, reflect and discuss
- Sharing literature – both past and current
- Highlighting significant thoughts in this domain
- Recognising depth and breadth of the qualitative research continuum
- Opportunities for collaboration
- Embracing the diversity of QR (the messiness)
- Providing an online presence for those interested in QR and scholarship
- Communicating members’ research interests
- Encouraging a range of QR papers for the annual ABEN conference and mentoring opportunities to develop papers before and after the ABEN conference
- Supporting development of QR approaches through collaborative approaches
- Meeting in person during the year as well as at the annual ABEN conference to develop opportunities of collaboration and support in QR
QR covers a vast range of approaches of which include but are not limited to ethnography, grounded theory, case study, action research, phenomenology, and auto ethnography.
Membership Inquiries: There is no membership fee. If you would like to become a member of the ABEN Accounting Ethics Special Interest Group, please contact Dr Heather Stewart at email@example.com.